General Description: The Medical Assistant (MA) supports nurses and provides care for pregnancy and STI clients.
Terms of Employment: Full-time (32 to 36 hours/week), permanent position
Reports to: Director of Operations
Daily Direction/Oversight: Nurse Manager
1. Prepare patients for exam through taking blood pressure, phlebotomy and gathering samples.
2. Assist physician in exam rooms as needed.
3. Prepare and close clinic exam areas with supplies, clean up, etc.
4. Provide follow-up communications with clients as directed by the nurses.
5. Input exam and lab results in medical records as directed.
6. Manage supply inventory and ordering.
7. Review lab invoices for accuracy and completeness.
8. Update and maintain library of client education and referral materials.
9. Reinforces client education previously provided by nurses in the areas of sexual health, prevention and
treatment of STI’s, and pregnancy health.
10. Maintains a working knowledge of methods, principles and practices in relation to the assessment prevention
and treatment of disease relating to obstetrical ultrasound and testing for sexually transmitted infections.
11. Provides support and care to the clients and maintains professional standards of care following the ANA Code
12. Provides back up for the receptionist and office manager with answering phones and scheduling clients.
13. Attends occasional events as deemed necessary by self and Executive Director/Director of Operations.
1. Be a committed Christian who demonstrates an established personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior
2. Actively participate in a local church.
3. Exhibit a strong commitment and dedication to the sanctity of all human life and sexual purity.
4. Adhere to the Statement of Faith, core values, mission statement and policies of the Center.
5. Adhere to HIPAA client confidentiality.
6. Exhibit excellent administrative and organizational skills.
7. Possess proficient phlebotomy skills.
8. Possess a current Medical Assistant certification.
9. Maintain CPR certification.
10. Exhibit competency with computer applications such as Word, Excel and Google Apps.
For more information, please send an email to [email protected] and we will be in touch.